Wednesday, November 03, 2004

All hail King George.

I wasn't too far off in my predicitions. I overestimated Bush's electoral college and underestimated the popular vote. I really thought Nader would grab more anti-Bush votes from people that couldn't bring themselves to vote for Kerry.

I'm glad the election turned out the way it did. Consider these facts:

This is the first winner since 1988 to receive more than 50% of the popular vote.
Bush received more votes than any other president in history.
Popular vote over 50% is generally considered a mandate.
Electoral vote over 280 is generally considered a mandate.
In what was considered one of the most contentious elections ever, the winner was clear.
The Republicans increased in the House, Senate and Governerships.

The Republicans did lose some ground though. There are fewer Republicans in the state houses all over the country. Democrats made some gains there.

There is a ton of nasty, impetuous whining all over the left side of the blogoshpere. I'm too lazy to link to it all, so go to Instapundit for a round up, then keep clicking through links and reading comments. I'm amazed at some of twisted things they think up.

free web counters
Counter