Saturday, November 25, 2006

Via Instapundit, Jackie Daniki is looking for assistance in finding a low-life that allegedly assualted her. To be clear, I say allegedly because I have no idea who Jackie Daniki is and she wasn't very clear on what happened.

I had a similar experience when I visited London a few years ago...and I'm NOT a woman. I'm not even especially handsome. I'm 6'4" and have fairly average looks. Apparently, being tall is a real turn-on over there. On the tubes, I was physically assualted twice, by women, just looking to cop a feel. On several other occasions, women would make a remark such as "aren't you tall dark and handsome" in front of everyone and quite loudly.

My wife and twin daughters were also accosted almost constantly by men looking for a good time. They weren't "handled" in any way, but some of the young men were quite persistent in trying to get a date or just a few hours of thier time. Luckily, size works wonders in chasing off these punks. We stopped using the tubes and found that the open-deck tour buses were excellent transportation.

I came away from London with the impression that the people were very forward and not the least bit shy. According to Jackie, they are also getting more agressive.

free web counters
Counter